|Some people deserve to stand out from the crowd|
Here's the truth - I don't know what the following men are like in person. At most, I've spoken to them over the phone. For all I know they can be terrible people. Just terrible. The truth, however, is that we can ALL be terrible people - at least at times, and that's something to keep in mind when it comes to pointing fingers.
With that out of the way, here's five guys who parents can actually point out to their kids and say; "You could take a lesson from him." That's something that's rarely, if ever, said about boxers any more. Let's just say it's time for a change.
- Shawn Porter: Gives it his all each and every time out. Isn't afraid to challenge himself. Isn't afraid to fail. Never arrogant in public. Always polite and positive. Lives clean.
- Tim Bradley: Family man. Quite wealthy, but never obnoxious with his money. Determined to achieve greatness in his profession despite a notable lack of explosive talent. Succeeds by putting his nose to the grindstone.
- Bernard Hopkins: Went to jail, got out and never went back in. Learned from his mistakes. Became a master craftsman through hard work and dedication. Went on to earn millions. Spokesperson for clean living.
- Chris Algieri: Looked silly in front of the whole world . Got up and kept going anyway. Got better rather than bitter. Came back and earned respect the hard way. Willing to challenge himself despite the odds.
- Keith Thurman: Not afraid to be himself. Ever.