Okay, yesterday we discussed the five reasons why Adrien Broner might best Shawn Porter on Saturday. Now it's time to turn the tables. As most everyone who follows the sport closely knows, this fight is a tough one to call - both fighters seemingly being equally matched. We'll just have to see how it all plays out this weekend.
Until then, though, you can sit back, take a look at this list, and feel free to let me know what you think.
- Broner may have a real problem with aggressive opponents: All you have to do is say the name Marcos Maidana and images of an overwhelmed Adrien Broner start dancing in people's heads. Admit it, Broner didn't know what to do with the Argentine wrecking machine that night close to a year and a half ago. And if he faces the Porter who blasted Paulie Malignaggi, Broner may not know what to do with him, either.
- Porter is a dedicated craftsman: Let's face it, Broner has more on his mind than just boxing. He sees himself as a hip-hop bad boy as well as a top fighter. Such a mindset has bit the man on the you-know-what before. Who's to say it won't happen again, especially against a guy with such dedication to his craft as Porter?
- They made this fight at a catchweight for a reason: The fact that this fight is at a catchweight says a lot. It's not to benefit Porter, that's for sure. It most certainly benefits Broner, however. Why is that? What is it about Porter that has brought about this development? And what will happen if the weight loss doesn't harm Porter's performance?
- Porter is of sound mind: Sure, Broner tamped his obnoxious act down a bit, but the man still has the ability to get in opponent's heads. Porter, however, doesn't seem to get fazed by much of anything. He just keeps smiling. Attitude and frame of mind are a big part of the fight game, and Porter seems to excel on both counts.
- Broner hasn't looked that great in a while: Never mind the loss to Maidana, Broner's last two bouts weren't exactly highlight reel material, either. For a man who was once considered a top pound for pound fighter, Broner's looked anything but sensational for a long time now.