Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Publication Update



After what can only be considered one of the darkest few days in Connecticut's history, I find myself emerging from the black hole that was last Friday's massacre, perhaps not ready, but at least willing, to face the realities of life once more. In this I'm sure I'm not alone. Believe it or not, there are still aspects of each of our own lives that are worth embracing. For me these are my wife, my family, Cody; the world's greatest cat, good friends, and my writing. Indeed, a lot has been happening in the life of this writer lately.


For starters, the good folks over at The Copperfield Review published my story Bloody Knife back in early November. Based on the true story of George Armstrong Custer's Native American friend and scout, I'd like to think the piece views history with a fresh set of eyes. 


Linguistic Erosion was also kind enough to publish four of my stories this past autumn. Paris deals with an American tourist who learns the woman he's been travelling with has cancer, while Night Ride and Amherst '95 focus on the fact that life becomes less and less like we imagine it to be the older and wiser we get. Silence, which took me years to get published, is a tale of a man afraid to admit he has reached middle age.


Lastly, my pal Benjamin over at Fiction 365 purchased and published two stories I'm quite fond of. Hitting Dan deals with the consequences a man has after belting a condescending party goer. Bayeaux Cathedral, on the other hand, is the story of a degenerate businessman who is strangely affected by the sight of some dead knight's tombs.  

And, of course, there's been my regular posts at The Cheshire Patch

When all is said and done, I've got a lot to be grateful for. We all do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment