Saturday, December 8, 2012

Done


And so I've completed another script, a thriller called Framed. It's on its way to a production company in Canada and possibly elsewhere, depending on who responds positively to my queries. The truth, though, is that I'm just happy I completed it. Writing a script is a whole ton of work. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Of course, my outlook wasn't always this positive.


Up until very recently, I'd viewed myself as if I were the Boston Red Sox, believing I could be so much more successful  in life if only I could get my shit together. Naturally, a healthy application of such logic can often prove useful. When it's taken to the extreme, however, it can prove deadly - no joke.


Crazy as it sounds, I once thought that if I wasn't better than Shakespeare I wasn't as good as I could or should be. While I know some people are proud to subscribe to that type of thinking, I'm here to admit I'm no longer in their ranks.

And I'm pretty happy about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment