Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hastings


A week ago I said I was done with screenwriting and meant it. Still, I've got a script out in the industry right now that I'm quite passionate about. Hastings deals with one of the most decisive moments in all of history through the perspective of Harold Godwinson, the Saxon king of England. It's intense and violent, but damn, I think it's good.

Currently, the script is in the hands of the good folks at Mad Hatter Entertainment, a force behind such films as Max Payne and the popular, highly acclaimed How To Train Your Dragon. Time will tell if they want to pursue the project - as well as its author - or if they'll choose to pass. For the moment, however, the script is still mine and I can do with it what I want.


And for that reason I want to offer anyone who's interested a bit of it to read. It's only the first few pages, but I'd be willing to bet (if I were a betting man) that it would hold your interest. Give it a look - and be sure to tell me what you think. Don't be afraid to be honest, either. If you don't have a tough skin, you shouldn't be in the writing business.




No comments:

Post a Comment