Thursday, December 13, 2012

Moving On


Being an American, I don't like to quit anything that doesn't cause me bodily harm. We're not a nation of quitters, after all. Ever since our troops persevered over a brutal winter at Valley Forge, we've collectively believed that if we only hang in there, if we only work a bit harder, we can succeed at anything we try our hands at. Unfortunately, I've learned that isn't always the case.


Truth is, I've tried to break in as a screenwriter for a long time now - a long time. And I'm tired of trying. Seriously. My Hollywood dream has become an albatross around my neck. It's keeping me from getting on with my life and, frankly, it's taking it's toll on me. Therefore, I'm moving on.


So what am I going to do now? Why, write of course! I'm still a writer and always will be. I'll just no longer pen scripts. In all honesty I think literary fiction is where it's at for me. My literary and cinematic sides have been battling for some time now...and the literary side has finally emerged victorious. 

Time to get to work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment