Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Starting Off On The Right Foot


So I've started working on a new script. It's tough when you first get going because you want to make sure your stuff is heading in the right direction. In other words, if you're looking to write an action-comedy, it's probably best not to have New Wave Italian cinema as your main influence.


That being said, my work is always at its best when it's processed organically from my cranium. In other words, I may want this latest script - a thriller - to be like so many thrillers I love, such as Three Days of the Condor and The Day of the Jackal. In the end, though, it's going to most likely be something that I and I alone would write. For better or for worse.


At any rate, I'm just going with the assumption it's all for the best. Film, after all, is a collaborative process. If I'm blessed enough to have something based on my work, I'm going to want as much of myself to be in that work as possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment