Monday, October 8, 2012

I've Got Hollywood On My Mind

Okay, maybe I don't have Hollywood on my mind, per se, but I've been thinking about the movie business a lot lately. To be more exact, I've been thinking about the business of screenwriting. I've never sold a screenplay, but I get my scripts read by reputable, interested parties in the film industry fairly regularly. That means I always feel like I'm just one script away from hitting the jackpot. Unfortunately it also means I frequently feel like an addictive gambler, forever hoping one last crank at the slot machine will do the trick.

The truth, however, is that I love movies. Always have. Always will. Which, of course, means I will probably always write scripts (which are basically outlines for movies) for as long as I'm able to do so. Of course this also means I may well never accomplish my dream of selling my cinematic writing. Yet as long as the scripts I write are good, then at least I'll know I've done something worthwhile. Still - it would be nice to finally break in.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank Leslie Hutchinson over at the Cheshire Patch for publishing my piece on John Steinbeck today. It's an honor to be published, especially on such a cool site.

No comments:

Post a Comment