Friday, October 18, 2019

"The Regulator," Five Months After Publication




Your humble author, outside a home straight from The Regulator era

The Regulator has been published and on sale for five months now, and things have been going strong - sometimes stronger than I wish they would. For, right when I feel that I'm done with it, that it's time to put this 25-plus year passion project away in my memory vault, someone else expresses interest in reading it. Or I find some more copies are being sold. Or I read a good review someone has left. And that's when I'm jolted with a fresh rush of energy and a renewed passion for my debut novel.

I call it my debut novel, because there's another novel I've been working on for some time now. In truth, The Regulator had already been written for a while before it saw publication. Query letters, promising rejections, not so promising rejections, and endless revisions were part of life for a long time before the book went on sale. Perhaps that's why my passion has yet to die out - because, man, I've put a ton into this.

With all that in mind, the book is selling well. Very well. According to the research I've been doing, The Regulator may actually end up in the top 1% for first year sales for independently published works on Amazon.  That's a development I didn't see coming. Needless to say, it will be quite a thrill if I reach that goal. Even if The Regulator doesn't ultimately end up in such rarefied air, it's nice to know people like it. The reviews have been great, and people have been regularly sending in pics of themselves reading it. Good stuff all around. Thanks to all you who have given it a read.

As for those of you who haven't picked it up yet - The Regulator is easily priced and on sale at Amazon (I've provided a link). It's a pretty good book, if I do say so myself. What's more, as one reviewer put it, the historical issues the novel deals with resonate today. Long story short: I'm passionate enough about the work to keep promoting it almost half a year after it was first published - so passionate, my wife and I just revisited the Deerfield, Massachusetts green where some of the action takes place. The pictures you see here are from our visit.

To purchase The Regulator, just click on the link below:

 https://www.amazon.com/Regulator-Sean-Crose/dp/1097223299

Historic Deerfield Green: A location readers may be familiar with.



No comments:

Post a Comment